26 Bangladeshi migrants killed in an attack in Libya

8,778

The Libyan human trafficker’s family killed 30 migrants, including 26 Bangladeshi nationals, in revenge for his death, said Libya’s internationally recognized Government of the National Agreement (GNA).

The GNA Interior Ministry said in a statement on Thursday that 26 Bangladeshis and four African migrants had been killed in the town of Mizda and that 11 injured survivors had been taken to a hospital in Zintan, Reuters said.

“We have just learned about this tragedy and are looking for more details and assistance to survivors,” said Safa Msehli, Libya’s spokeswoman for the International Organization for Migration.

Libya has long been a destination for refugees because of its oil-funded economy, but it is now an important destination for people seeking to enter Europe through the Mediterranean.

Alam Mostafa, the first secretary (labour welfare) at the Bangladesh Embassy in Tripoli, told The Daily Star that as soon as they heard about the incident, they tried to visit the site but were unable to reach the site due to restrictions imposed on coronavirus.

He also said they could learn first of all that about 25 to 26 Bangladeshis were killed while another five to six Bangladeshis were injured in the incident.

 

The wounded are being treated in different hospitals, the Bangladesh embassy official said.

 

Project officials toured hospitals and inquired about the care of Bangladeshi wounded, he added.

He also said they could learn first of all that about 25 to 26 Bangladeshis were killed while another five to six Bangladeshis were injured in the incident.

 

The wounded are being treated in different hospitals, the Bangladesh embassy official said.

 

Project officials toured hospitals and inquired about the care of Bangladeshi wounded, he added.

He added that they would be able to know more about the killings of Bangladeshis by today.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.